This is how I wore my hair today. I looooved it. I have been using the "Curly Girl Method" (modified for my hair needs and texture), since I took out my micro braids at the beginning of March. It's been about two months now since I have been using conditioner to wash my hair and let me just say that I love the results. My hair is so much softer and my curls are popping everywhere. However, I still need gel to help control frizzes. I had my very 1st successful "wash and go" today.
last time, so I did not record myself.
Here is how I achieved my "wash and go"
- I co-washed my hair with TRESemme Naturals Conditioner (Silicone Free)
- I mixed a tablespoon of the same conditioner with a tablespoon of Olive oil ( This is a fraction of the amount used in the "Love in the hair " recipe, posted HERE)
- I sectioned my hair into small parts.
- Then on each small section, I applied the conditioner/Olive oil to the ends, finger detangled the whole section, and applied Loreal Everstyle Curl Defining Gel.
- Once the whole head was complete, I used Goody Bobby Pins( the long ones) to stretch my hair. I placed a bobby pin on each section styled. My hair shrinkage is ridiculous and I just wanted my hair to hang a little bit.
- Once my hair was about 80% dry, I took out the pins and let my hair air dry some more
Expect a full review of the Loreal Everstyle Curl Defining Gel in my next post (Hint: veeeery comparable to Kinky Curly Curling Custard) and a video tutorial in the near future.
Thanks for reading this post. I hope you enjoyed it. If you have any questions, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.