Below is a video demonstrating how I take down the braids.
I am confident that it is possible to wear micro braids without having breakage.
Every year, I tend to wear micro braids at least once a year and I always use the same regimen. I picked up a new tip this year, which is to, not apply too much conditioner (especially fine hair), because your braids will end up with build-up at the base.
In general, here are some tips to use when considering wearing micro braids on fine natural hair
- Install them on stretched hair
- Moisturize them and seal daily
- do weekly hot oil treatments on them
- deep condition them once a week but hot oil treatments should be enough
- keep the ends stretched by braiding, twisting, roller setting or threading, this will help keep knots at bay
Thanks for reading this post. I hope you enjoyed it. If you have any questions, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.